So I have noticed that there seems to be a tagging frenzy going about, and I totally got tagged. TWICE!! Woooot! First by Nisa from Diary of a Wacky Hijabi and second by Nazia from Canadian Hijabi!! Thanks sisters!!!
So I'm supposed to do the Honest Scrap Tag. To do the Honest Scrap tag... Here's the deal. Tell your readers 10 things about you that they may or may not know, but are true. Tag ten people with the award, and be sure to let them know they've been tagged (a quick comment on their blog will do). Don't forget to link back to the blogger who tagged you.
1. I am a fresh revert to Islam, alhamdulillah. I said my shahadah 2 weeks and 1 day ago!! I'm seriously loving my new life and reveling in the peace I feel. I'm so content knowing that I made the decision to do what is RIGHT and to put ALLAH first in my life.
2. My father and my brother do not know that I am Muslim. My dad knows that I cover full time and he is okay with it, alhamdulillah, but he doesn't know that I'm no longer Christian (though truthfully I haven't been "Christian" for a very long time). My brother is completely out of the loop.
3. I am in the midst of a crazy love affair with Middle Eastern and Indian foods. My favorites are kbsa and biryani. mmmmmm delicious.
4. My best friend who helped me learn about Islam and to convert named me Aya when I said my shahadah. My real name doesn't mean anything bad, but it was suggested that I have a nickname that is easy for English speakers and Non-English speakers to pronounce. (My real name has letters that aren't in the Arabic alphabet, lol)
5. I am a BLOG-O-HOLIC. And my condition is deteriorating. I need more and more exposure to get the same fix now-a-days.
6. I enjoy sewing. Like with a machine, not by hand. I hope to make some scarves/ maybe an abaya soon, inshaAllah. If I do I will post the results here!
7. I LOVE to help clean other people's houses, but I just am not very motivated to clean my own. My room is a wreck right now and instead of cleaning, I'm obsessively checking blog updates... is there something wrong with me?!?
8. Before I reverted, I use to be a part of an organization that did MASSIVE amounts of service in our community. I'm now trying to find a way to get the ladies at my local masjid involved in some of the same kind of activities, but I'm not really sure how to go about it... anybody have ideas?
9. I dream of going to a country where I can hear the adhan on the street. How cool would that be?! I mean seriously... wow. I'm trying really hard not to be envious here...
10. I get a reminder text messaged to me for every prayer because I'm always afraid that I'm goig to miss it... Alhamdulillah I found this free website that will send an sms to your phone either once a day with all of the prayers, or before each indidvidual prayer. (http://praytime.us/)This one only works in the US, but maybe there is something similar for other countries!
Okay now I get to tag 10 people... and I'm pretty positive that most of the people I will tag have already gotten it, but it's okay. I'll just read their posts twice ;-)
1. Stacy from Livin in Layla Land
2. Lisa from A Journey Westward from Tartary
4. Candice from Exploring Life and Islam
5. The Light of Islam
6. Ellen557 from Steadily Emerging with Grace
7. Majda from Majda Says...
8. Inspired Muslimah
9. Jamilah from Revert Muslimah
10. A Muslim Wife