I weekly attend a halaqah (sort of study group) with several ladies at my local masjid. We share with eachother the things that we have learned. One of the ladies challenged us this week to create a list of our objectives for Ramadhan this year so that we can mark our progress and really keep ourselves focused on bettering ourselves for the pleasure of Allah subhana wa ta'ala!
I was thinking of saving this post until two weeks before Ramadhan, but I think the sooner we all start thinking about it, the better ;-)
Okay so the following will be a list of my goals for this Ramadhan, inshaAllah. This will be my first Ramadhan and could very well be my last Ramadhan so I hope to make it worth it, inshaAllah. Also who even knows if we will make it to Ramadhan... so I'm trying to start now on these goals as well.
If you have goals that you are planning on, or if you do a post about this as well please let me know because I definitely would like input on this!!!!!
1. complete all 5 fard prayers PROMPTLY on time
2. pray/incorporate sunnah prayers into my day
3. give at least $1 to charity per day
4. spend at least one Saturday working at our local soup kitchen
5. memorize one of the longer surahs
6. help provide food for iftar at our masjid at least twice (mashaAllah our masjid does iftar every day during Ramadhan!)
7. try to cultivate real friendships with women who will help me grown in my deen (thanks to all of you bloggers out there who already help me with this!!!!!!)
8. avoid gossip and television
9. attend Arabic class every day with the intention of learning so that I might read and understand the Qur'an in order to worship Allah better (I will be taking Arabic 1 at university in the fall, inshahAllah)
10. not eat too much at iftar, try to be moderate
11. get in the habit of saying "bismillah" with the intention that everything I do will be in the sight/will of Allah
12. attend as many tarawih prayers as possible at the masjid
13. try to give dawah
14. try to incorporate niqab: I admire the modesty and believe it is better for our hearts. If I believe it is better, why do I not do it? (Please let me know what you think of this one sisters, because I'm not 100% yet!)
15. keep my home and myself as clean as possible
These are what I have come up with so far! Please comment and let me know what you think.. additions, subtractions, general thoughts, etc.
I pray that we all make it to Ramadhan this year in order to worship Allah during that holy month!! Ameen