Followers

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award


Salam 3laikum!

Way back when I got an award from a very Stylish Blogger named Jnana from Spill Beans! So thank you very much sister!



And the Rules are:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave me the award
2. Share seven things about myself
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
4. Contact these bloggers to tell them of their award


So Seven things:
~ I wear a necklace every day that my aunt gave to me. I even wear it in the shower lol.

~ I hate soggy cereal. I put only enough milk in the bowl to make the cereal ever-so-slightly wet on the outside but still retain the awesome crunch.

~ I have been Muslim now for over 2 years subhanAllah alhamdulillah and I started this blog when I was still Christian.

~ I credit facebook with killing my appetite for blogs. I am thinking of shutting down my facebook again temporarily after Ramadhan (since I don't want to miss out on the iRamadan facebook group :-P)

~ I am a huge fan of football (aka soccer), especially Barcelona. I usually watch games in Spanish or Arabic even though I'm not fluent because it is more exciting lol.

~ Alhamdulillah I finally have finished my Bachelor's degree in Physics!!! (And i always wondered why girls don't get Bachelorette's degrees...)

~ I find it infinitely easier to say what I mean when I am writing than when I am talking. If I try to explain my thoughts to someone in person, I will often have to explain several times before my true intention and thought is expressed.

I Tag:
I haven't read blogs in so long that this will be really hard for me... I will tag as many as I can inshaAllah

Umm Squeakster: The lady with the cutest cat mashaAllah :-)

Umm An-Nu'man: Seriously striving to educate Muslim children mashaAllah

Tuttie: A truly inspiring lady who loves turtles almost as much as me mashaAllah :-

Noor: Combining my two culinary loves: southern/comfort and middle-eastern/Saudi and doing it smashingly well mashaAllah

Banana Anne: Telling it like it is and striving in the way of Allah mashaAllah

Little Auntie: Giving great examples of gentle naseeha mashaAllah

Rene: An insightful and wonderful sister with a beautiful little girl who is an absolute pleasure to be friends with mashaAllah

Okay I know I didn't make it to 15, but that took me 30 minutes lol

6 comments:

Rene´s Bare Essentials said...

ewwww soggy cereal *gag*!!! I too hate soggy cereal which means I eat my cereal very quickly. I cannot sit around someone who eats soggy cereal or ill puke (weird I know). A lot of people I know like to leave their cereal in the milk sitting for 10 miutes or more and then eat it, double ewwwww!!!

lol the soccer games in spanish are so funny. The commentator gets sooooooo excited!

How wonderful that you have completed your studies and in something so challenging mashaAllah. Any plans now that you are finished?

I am the same way about expressing myself better through letters! We must be so much a like because we are only 1 day apart (i was born on oct 28th, you the 29th =P

XO
Rene´

Banana Anne said...

Soggy cereal is disgusting. I don't put any milk into my cereal at all for just that reason. I have some kind of personal vendetta against almost all dairy products (I just think there's something about them that's nasty); perhaps because I was lactose-intolerant as a baby and it's some kind of leftover remnant.

Alhamdulillah for the degree in physics, muy impressive!

Aww, thanks for the tag and kind words; I do try my best to tell it like it is. :)

Noor said...

Ahh mashAllah that you sister I LOVE it now you should visit my other blogs inshAllah :)

UmmSqueakster said...

Aww, JazakAllah khair. Miss S is a cutey :)

NeverEver said...

Rene: inshaAllah i will find a teaching position, i'm planning to substitute this fall but i have to wait for that to start of course. i am trying desperately to get my passport now... but i'm facing a lack of funds lol. I'm going to try to save up tho inshaAllah

Anne: Alhamdulillah yeah it is a big relief to be done :-D

Noor: Wallah I didn't know you had any other blog except the cooking one for so long, I found the strawberry one just a few days ago :-P I'm glad to know more about you inshaAllah!!!!

UmmS: she ISS!!! <3 and so are you mashaAllah, by the way I LOOOVVVEEEDDD the hijabi/jedi pic :-P

Little Auntie said...

wa'alyukum as salam! :)
awwww, I'm very touched that you would include us :D


*Is it okay to admit that I'm one of those soggy cereal eaters? Hehehe*

So sweet of you to wear that necklace your aunt gave you :)

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL @ watching soccer in Arabic or Spanish :P I know what you mean, though. I watch them because of my little bro, but we also noticed that it's a lot funner to watch in Arabic than in English.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Awards :-D