Word by Word Translation: http://corpus.quran.com/wordbyword.jsp?chapter=113&verse=1
English Interpretation of the Meaning:
1) Say "I seek refuge in the Lord of the Daybreak
2) from the evil of that which He created;
3) and from the evil of the Darkness when it is intense,
4) and from the evil of those who blow in the knots,
5) and from the evil of the envier when he envies."
Notes from Tafsir:
Al-Falaq means the Daybreak
Verse 2~ Allah is responsible for ALL of creation, the seemingly bad and the seemingly good. This refers to Jahannum (Hell), Iblis (Satan, Devil), and the shayatin (followers of Satan).
Verse 3~ the Darkness when it is intense refers to when the sun goes down (Al-Bukhari) or when specifically the moon rises (At-Tirmidhi)
Verse 4~ blowers of knots refers to those who cast spells and practice magic/witchcraft
The last two suras of the Qur'an offer powerful du3a for protection from the evils of this word. It is highly beneficial to memorize this suras and recite them frequently in the day and night inshaAllah.