Followers

Monday, November 22, 2010

How to Hijab: Wrap Up

Salam!

Bismillah

So ladies, this is the end of How to Hijab. For now anyway. Maybe inshaAllah one day I will add an appendix about How to Niqab :-P

I've shown you how I made it to where I am. Also, I would like to talk about the timeline involved with this.

I started learning about Islam about 8 or 9 months before I converted. I almost immediately started with step one at that point and I got to step 6 by the time I converted. So it took me about 8 months to wear hijab full time. It took me another month or so after I converted to get to step 7.

I know this isn't an on and off switch kind of thing. And I'm not saying you need to follow my timeline either.

Find the pace that works for you. Set goals for yourself if you need to. For example: InshaAllah This week I will do step 1, next week I will start step 2, next month I will start step 3... etc.

Make sure that your end goal is to wear complete and proper hijab inshaAllah. Focus on that and know that any step from here until then is a stepping stone on the road to modesty. The journey isn't over until you make it to the end.

And through it all, make LOTS AND LOTS of du'a. Allah wants you to do what he commanded, and He is on your side subhanAllah. Sincerity is the key :-) Be sincere in your efforts and be honest with yourself about your intentions.

Please sisters, let me know if you need someone to talk to about this or anything else. Feel free to email me at findingguidance (at) hotmail (dot) com or add me on facebook under the same email.

Allah make it easy for you, ameeeeeeen!!!!!

much love.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Awards :-D