This is my list of objectives for my second Ramadhan inshaAllah! I am planning to post later which du'a, surah, and sunnah I am working on at the time.
Let me know what you think and your goals as well :-D
1. Pray all 5 prayers promptly with sunnah: Alahmdulillah I am close to this as I have been working year round on it. I need to start adding the Dhuhr sunnah.
2. Eat sahoor every morning: This means waking up! I'm trying to find foods I can pre-assemble and freeze, then cook quickly.
3. Pray tarawih each night, at the masjid if possible: This means carefully arranging school and work schedules.
4. Memorize 2 new surahs: My plan is to memorize in English and Arabic two of the relatively shorter surahs. That gives me 4 weeks total if I switch surah or language each week.
5. Memorize 2 new hadith: Same as surah plan.
6. Finish Qur'an in English each week (4 times total): Alhamdulillah I read English quickly, so I want to take advantage of that. I may not be able to read Arabic that quickly, but I want to make sure I am reading something with understanding.
7. Read at least 2 pages of Qur'an بالعربية each day: Reading in Arabic can become physically tiring for me, so I am setting my goal relatively small, but hoping to read much more than this inshaAllah!
8. Avoid TV, movies, gossip, idle talk: This means keeping in mind the spirit of Ramadhan at all times. Ramadhan is not for socializing, watching nifty new tv series or catching the Barca game.
9. Post something useful/religious to the blog each day: This will encourage me to learn more and also to share it with you all inshaAllah :-D
10. Incorporate a new sunnah each week (4 new sunan total): I feel like I am not very knowledgeable about a lot of sunnahs that would be very beneficial for me.
11. Keep a daily checklist and journal of spiritual progress: This inshaAllah will help keep me motivated. It will be sort of a mash between checklist and heart wheel journal with a lot of contemplation on the state of my iman. InshaAllah I will give you guys a better idea of what this will look like later.
12. Work on making the intention before taking action: This is something I lack right now. I try to do the right thing always, but rarely take the time to form an actual intention in my heart and mind if that makes sense. I feel like I am missing on the blessing because I do not make the intention. For example when I get dressed and throw on my abaya and scarf. I do it because it is right to dress this way and it is automatic now, but I don't usually remember to make the intention to use this as an opportunity for worship through obeying Allah subhana wa ta'ala.
13. Help provide food for sahoor/iftar for someone/group once per week: We have iftar each day at the masjid and I am planning to try to take sahoor frequently with some of my friends inshaAllah.
14. Memorize one du'a per week (4 total): I want to be more knowledgeable about the du'a from Qur'an and Sunnah especially.