Followers

Monday, February 1, 2010

Questions from Banana Anne!

As-salamu alaikum

Bismillah Ar-rahman Ar-raheem

So one of my FAVORITE bloggers, Anne, just asked these questions at her blog This is Not Clever. MashaAllah isn't that a clever title? ;-)

Anyway, it sounded like fun and so I thought I would post here and ask you guys the same questions after I answer.

Favorite beverage and why?: It is a tie between Pepsi and this stuff called Klass Aguas Frescas in Mango flavored. We have a sizable Hispanic population where we live, so a lot of my favorite snacks reflect that. They have the best galletas!! :-)

Favorite place you've traveled to and why: I haven't really gotten to travel anywhere outside of the US :-( however, I have been to quite a few states and I must say that Vermont and Pennsylvania are just lovely during the summer.

Favorite cartoon strip: Mmmm.... I haven't really read the funnies in a long time. There was one that I use to like a lot, but I can't remember what the name is. InshaAllah if I find it I will let you know :-P

Favorite Surahs from the Qur'an (if you have any) and why: Sura Ar-Rahman is my all time favorite. If you go to the Qur'an app over ~~> there you can listen to Ahmed Al-Ajmy who is my favorite reciter for this sura, mashaAllah.

If you were forced to move to a Muslim majority country, where would you want to go?: I think i would move to Saudi. There are a lot of reasons: first, it would be lovely to be near the Masjid al-Haram and Masjid An-Nabi. Second, I don't like to drive HAHA. Third, the majority of the people in my community here are from Saudi and I really like and appreciate their values and culture and feel comfortable in that atmosphere.

Favorite type of meat (or if you're vegetarian, favorite non-meat dish) and why?: I like beef and lamb. The majority of the halal meat we can get here is chicken and lamb, so I eat a lot of that. :-)

Worst movie you've ever seen: I really prefer to block these things out of my mind, lol. I know that I have watched some pretty awful movies in my time, but thankfully they all escape my memory at this point.

Did you sleep with a stuffed animal/security blanket when you were a kid? What was it/what was its name? Do you still sleep with it now? No I never really had a specific animal or blanket that I slept with. Although my mother said that I was particularly attached to my toes. I would play with them and chew on them and hold them, lol.

2 comments:

Banana Anne said...

One of your favorite bloggers? *blush* :)

It seems like mango drinks are a big hit among us Muslims! :)

Vermont is beautiful, and I have a special place in my heart for Pennsylvania, especially suburban Philadelphia, where my dad's family is from.

It would be amazing to live in Makkah and be able to walk to Masjid al-Haram whenever I wanted. But I don't think I would want to live in Saudi Arabia just because of the vast cultural differences (I also don't agree with some of their policies towards women, some of them really don't seem Islamic to me). Since I'm more familiar with East Asia and pluralistic societies, I think Malaysia would be a better fit for me.

Mmm, lamb. :)

Aww, Masha'Allah babies that play with their toes are so cute!

Jaz said...

mmm Pepsi is the best :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Awards :-D